What SAGE Offers Trip Leaders
Expert Itinerary Planning With your ideas and our guidance, together we determine an itinerary which meets your needs but exceeds your expectations. We are patient, flexible, and bring a wealth of travel planning experience. We love the creative challenge of unusual trip themes and have a great deal of experience designing dynamic opportunities for student growth.
Safety + insurance SAGE has an impeccable track record of maintaining student and group safety at all times. Through a combination of risk management, excellent planning, good communication, flexible itineraries, 24/7 travel assistance and extensive on-the-ground support, SAGE endeavors to always be prepared and able to respond quickly. Since absolute safety can never be guaranteed, SAGE provides emergency medical and evacuation insurance to all groups.
Logistical Support Since your job is to teach and inspire your students, we offer a great deal of logistical and planning support. SAGE will provide:
- Complete travel arrangements including air, land and ground operations
- Reading lists, packing lists, travel and health insurance info, emergency contact info, tipping guidelines, in-country resource lists, and general travel support
- Passport, visa & immunization guidance
- In-country cell phones with working numbers in advance for most countries
- Curriculum and educational resources
Promotional Support SAGE can help with outreach and publicity to students, parents and your school community by:
- Designing a full color trip flyer about your specific trip
- Providing a customized Powerpoint slide presentation for your Information Night with parents
- Participating remotely (through phone or Skype) in parent information sessions
- Responding to parent questions or concerns
Experiential Learning At SAGE we go beyond informing by engaging and inspiring your students. Each SAGE program is designed to do this through a rich combination of intellectual engagement, experiential learning and service. We help educate students about global issues through hands-on projects that offer new perspectives and a deeper level of awareness.
Service Learning Projects An important component of every SAGE trip, carefully planned service projects help engage your students. Partnering with local communities, past service projects have included: building wells, painting schools, planting trees, working with developmentally challenged youth, teaching English and supporting women’s empowerment programs.
Extensive In-Country Resources SAGE knows the people who you want to meet, and those who are making a difference in their communities. They are the non-profit workers, healthcare providers, educators, publishers, small business owners, religious leaders, politicians, film-makers, activists and human rights advocates. They are the community and grassroots leaders who are using innovative approaches to bring change to their communities. Through SAGE, you have access to all these remarkable people and the accompanying world-class service learning projects they represent.