Whether you are new to biking or still have the ride you had in high school, there are several choices on how to outfit yourself to be more comfortable and the ride more enjoyable.
What to wear
No matter how much you ride, there are some essential clothing gear you should have – or consider buying – when out cycling. This includes:
• Stowaway wind jacket
• Leg straps for pants
• Toe or foot covers
Local bike shops can supply cycling gear, but tend to be very expensive – online really is the way to go unless you have a cycling superstore in your backyard! Below are some suggestions for places to purchase quality cycling gear with variations on style, quality and cost.
Top Places to Find Quality Cycling Gear
This rating is based on a combination of price, quality, selection, inventory and service.
1. Competitive Cyclist: www.competitivecyclist.com Competitive Cyclist prides itself on providing customers with an online experience that is similar to a bike shop. It offers many brands and hand-on experience. Plus, it boasts experts they call “Gearheads” who are in-house pros who assemble bikes for delivery. They offer men’s and women’s gear, sale items and a blog for learning.
2. eBay Cycling: The cycling store in eBay offers all the same options as regular eBay, including “buy now,” free shipping on some items, the option of finding something close to home, and of course the option to buy new or slightly used. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l2632.R2.TR11.TRC1.A0.H1.Xcycling.TRS0&_nkw=cycling&_sacat=7294
3. JensonUSA: www.jensonusa.com JensonUSA has been around since 1994 and again, it offers the same type of service as many of the others, with blogs and sales, and connecting with customers. It offers name-brand collections, as well as everything from shoes and sneakers to eyewear and triathalon apparel.
4. Tredz: Located in the United Kingdom, this is online superstore still considered a good deal by experts. www.tredz.co.uk. Tredz is considered a one-stop shop that includes sale prices as well as many name-brands. Tredz also caters to people wanting information, offering a blog and a bicycling glossary of terms. In addition, they market that they are secured by Norton and TrustPilot.
5. Chain Reaction Cycles: https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en Chain Reaction Cycles offers all types of cycling gear for enthusiasts of mountain bikes, road bikes, city cycling and BMX.
6. State Bicycle: https://www.statebicycle.com/ Started in 2009 in Arizona, State has a huge online presence now. They sell their own “State” brand of clothing, as well as those from other competitors.
A Word About Amazon Marketplace
Experts say that Amazon should always be a go-to Web site – especially if you have Prime and free shipping. Plus, it’s return and replacement policies are second to none. Smaller brands will use this online goliath when they are looking for a large distribution marketplace without having to lose profit by going through a distributor who then sells to a retailer.
Meaning? Amazon is a global store and can connect its customers to inexpensive, quality gear. There are many more places to mention, but this will give you a general idea of what is out there and information to make an informed decision on where to buy the best outfit for your needs.